February 29: Forum of Arangkada Philippines “A Bolder and More Inclusive Decade”
Forum of Arangkada Philippines:
“A Bolder and More Inclusive Decade”
Watch the Forum streamed LIVE on
FIFTH ANNIVERSARY ARANGKADA FORUM
February 29, 2016 from 7:30 PM to 4:00 AM, EST
March 1, 2016 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Philippine time (GMT+8)
The US-Philippines Society would like to bring your attention to this important forum organized by the Joint Foreign Chambers of the Philippines.
For 2016, Arangkada’s forum is going bigger and bolder with the theme “A Bolder and More Inclusive Decade” in view of the need to secure and improve the future Philippine economy by identifying bold reforms that can achieve high, sustained and inclusive growth in the Philippines over the next decade.
Such reforms will be discussed within the framework of our Seven Big Winner Sectors (Agribusiness, IT-Business Process Management, Creative Industries, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Tourism) and in six insightful panels on (1) increasing total investments to above ASEAN-6 average, (2) reducing unemployment and underemployment to the ASEAN-6 average, (3) sharply reducing poverty, (4) modernizing infrastructure, (5) raising Philippine competitiveness to even higher ratings, and (6) minimizing bureaucracy and maximizing governance. These panels will be moderated by top/respected media personalities such as Ms. Cathy Yang, Ms. Maria Ressa, and Mr. Quintin Pastrana.
A stellar group of excellent speakers and panelists include:
- Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno to deliver a keynote on faster and fairer justice
- Senator Bam Aquino highlighting important legislative and other policy reforms to improve competitiveness
- Education Secretary Bro. Armin Luistro to share government programs to develop our human capital advantage to reduce unemployment and maximize our demographic window
- PPP Center ED Usec. Cosette Canilao and BDO Capital President Ed Francisco envisioning public private partnership (PPP) in the next decade
- Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales and COA Chair Michael Aguinaldo sharing plans for better governance mechanisms
- MBC Chairman Ramon del Rosario, Jr. on the role of corporate governance (i.e. Integrity Initiative)
- NCC Private Co-Chair Guillermo Luz, former Finance Secretary Dr. Roberto de Ocampo giving his views on constraints in and strategies to increasing investment
- Prominent economists and former Cabinet members Benjamin Diokno,Cielito Habito, and Gerry Sicat share their boldest ideas on how to achieve higher and more inclusive growth, and many more!
Representatives of the five presidential candidates will be in attendance.